[DeTomaso] Block plate

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed May 27 16:32:29 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/26/09 1:11:58 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Searching more on ebay I've seen a few other styles for the 351C as well.

Because the bellhousing bolt pattern and rear of the block is almost
identical for many Ford blocks (at least those using a 164-tooth flywheel), I
suspect that block-plates are not specific to one engine. Speculating, I
wouldn't be surprised to find that 351W, 351-M and perhaps some 5.0L block plates
more-or-less interchange with   the limited-edition 351-C. Possibly, the two
 small bottom holes might need drilling and use nuts rather than the
integral threads on OEM plates. FWIW- J Deryke