[DeTomaso] How do you keep fuses clean?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed May 27 06:54:40 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I had some weird electrical stuff going on last week. My turn signals
stopped working. The bulbs and fuses were good (my alarm flashes the turn
signals, and they worked then).

I wiggled the flasher unit and they came back.

The next day my headlights didn't raise up. My oil temp gauge started
wavering. Last time this happened it was due to dirty fuses - I basically
rubbed them a little bit and all my electrical stuff came back to life. So
this time I basically wiggled all the fuses and my headlights worked fine
again and the temp gauge as well.

On the trip home, my horn stopped working, but all other electrical stuff
worked. I'm assuming (hoping?) that again my fuses are dirty.

Is there some kind of product you can spray on to keep them clean? Should I
just scuff them with sandpaper once a year? Replace them all? Anyone else
have this problem? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>