[DeTomaso] (NPC) Now, how many of you have import marque cars sitting in yourgarages?(was: How can this happen in America)

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 17:21:04 EDT 2009

GM owned (and destroyed) Hughes Aircraft in the 90's.  I was suppose to be one of the higher paid engineers (not in management by my choice) and listed as one of a hand full of key personal on a billion $ weapon system, and my total compensation (including benefits) was around $100K in the mid 90s.  We didn't get paid for overtime, and as soon as we were not profitable, we were out the door and lost most the value of a pension we might have received.  I don't like to see anyone hurt, but under the circumstances, I can't afford to subsidize (my tax $s) UAW members getting better treatment than I did.  We all need to live within our means, be realistic in our expectations, and not expect others to bail us out.

AND, I have nothing but contempt for GM management and for UAW officers.

Ken