[DeTomaso] Refurbished door handle buckets

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 26 17:13:04 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/22/09 5 15 18, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Who has the refurnished door handle buckets?

PI Motorsports.   The car I'm currently driving in Europe suffered a
failure of a PI Motorsports door handle bucket, but we don't know what happened.
It may be that some oaf tried to yank the door open when it was locked, and
the bucket gave way.   Unfortunately the sheetmetal of the door skin was
also damaged and the paint cracked.

(No, it wasn't me--we found the car that way when we got here to London).

In any case, I think the buckets are still of decent qualty; it just goes
to prove that you aren't supposed to physically open the doors by yanking on
the handle; instead you should just treat it as a latch.   Pop the latch,
the door should pop open a half inch or so, and then curl your fingers around
the back edge of the door sheetmetal (not the window frame) and pull the
door open.