[DeTomaso] CHPIE Cap

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue May 26 13:11:56 EDT 2009

Last night when I left work in my truck after midnight as I usually do,
I was pulled over ostensibly for rolling through a stop sign.  When the
lights went on, I reached first not for my license and registration but
for my CHPIE cap.  It is a black cap with the seven-point star modeled
after the CHP (California Highway Patrol) logo.  It must have worked in
that the officer just said to not do it again and ignored the dead
taillight.

http://poca.com/index.php/cl/ch/58-chpie

Everyone should carry a CHPIE cap.  Hopefully the CHPIE folks will bring
some caps up to Reno.