[DeTomaso] Fuel System

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon May 25 21:35:45 EDT 2009

I had my car dying after 4000rpm on the dyno last week. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and also determined that the pre-filter was 1/2 clogged.
The fuel lines are -6 from the bottom of the tank. It's an EFI system, btw. It's running at 46 lbs. At 1/3 throttle (normal driving), the gauge still goes down to ~40lbs. At 4000+ rpm's it goes down to ~36 lbs. It's alot better than the 10 lbs it was going down to before, when the filter was clogged, but is this OK???
My tuner told me it shouldn't move at all.
Btw, this same system supported 400rwhp at the wheels last year with the old ECU and 450 rwhp on my old 72 with a carbed stroker.
Thoughts??
Will