[DeTomaso] getting back to the Circuit Breaker (CB) wiring questions -

Brian Hill mazdastuff at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 22:57:31 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Okay, I had relay questions last week.  A few of you were able to help me with the fact that I had a circuit breaker fire hazard working under the dash.  Not to worry, I will be visiting Pantera Electronics for a few enhancements.

Today I went to the garage to check things out in more detail.  I am having trouble discerning why someone installed a circuit breaker in the first place...I am thinking stereo/amplifier install had something to do with it.

Here are the links to the photos that I took after freeing the fuse block from the kick panel area.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/brian-anna/RedGreenBlack.jpg  <----it was wrapped up...but I could not figure out why.  So I unwrapped it and discovered that the big red power wire had the Green/Black from the window motors soldered onto it.  Then the Green/Black wire went from there to the circuit breaker.

This next pic shows the Yellow/Black connected to the circuit breaker...the Yellow/Black goes to lamps according to the diagram.  I also saw it under the dash connecting to some relays that looked like cooling fan relays.  http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/brian-anna/fuseblock.jpg      Not shown is a small gauge wire that was also attached to the same post as the Green/Black...it went to the Stereo<-----my reason for thinking a stereo guy did something weird.  Like this whole setup was for powering the Stereo/Amplifier.

So to recap...the Green/Black from the Power Window Switch Fuses was spliced into the power wire and fed power to the Circuit Breaker...the Yellow/Black is connected to the Aux side of the circuit breaker.

Now, any ideas as to why there was a C.B. there in the first place based on what I have stated...And if I want this back to the way it was should the Green/Black  & Yellow Black simply being going to the fuse block?      Funny, overall the wiring has been redone and appears to be done quite well...but the area around the stereo is awful.  I think someone did a hack job based on what I am seeing.

Thanks for any input on this one.

Brian Hill
Fulshear, TX