[DeTomaso] Leaving Italy....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 24 14:56:59 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

It's super, duper crazy hot here in Italy.  Lots of humidity too, like
Houston in the summer.

Today's big event was a car display in the middle of the main square in
downtown Modena.  We drove through the streets and through narrow cobblestone
streets normally closed to cars, and then arranged the cars in the town
square.  There were about 75 cars, really cool!

Charlie McCall found a way to sneak past some barriers, and so we climbed a
scaffolding on the side of a church and climbed the scaffolding, up about
eight stories to the roof, and shot some great photos. :>)

After the car display, we had a police escort through the city, back to one
of the event hotels, where they laid on a big farewell luncheon.  People
started driving away, and finally it was time to leave.

Geoff went by himself, as his girlfriend had been around the Panteras all
week but had never been inside one.  So even though it was like a sauna, she
rode with me.  We had several toll booths to contend with, and each time,
she would jump out of the car, run to the booth, pay both tolls for us, then
jump back in (because the cars are right hand drive so we'd have to climb out
each time otherwise).

We finally left the scorching plains and climbed up into the alps, and
stopped for the night at Aosta, an old medieval city.  We're in a little hotel
perched on the side of a hill, and rather than driving into the center of
town, we're just going into the next village up the mountain for dinner.

Tomorrow we will probably have a long, full day and drive to Stephane and
Michelle Bergeron's house outside Paris. :>)

Okay, time for another spectacular dinner.   I'll have more details, photos
etc. tomorrow from Paris. :>)