[DeTomaso] Report from Italy

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 23 12:10:10 EDT 2009

All,

Another great day in Modena today.   We were divided into three groups to
make things manageable.   First stop was the Panini collection (famous car
collection, mostly Maseratis and motorcycles) on the outskirts of Modena.
Then we went to Carrozzeria Campana, a very high-end body shop that did all
the paint/body work on all post-Ford Panteras and other De Tomaso cars, and
also does all the service and body work on Maserati's press cars   and
prototypes, etc.

Then to the Parco Enzo Ferrari where there was a huge display of some 75+
cars and a wonderful picnic lunch.   Santiago De Tomaso and a bunch of his
minions drove all the cars that used to be in the museum, including the
Vallelunga.

After an afternoon siesta in the hotel (it's about 100 degrees here!) now
we're heading out for the gala banquet tonight. :>)