[DeTomaso] Pantera GR4 Restoration Photos

Jan Krakevik jcf at ragai.com
Sat May 23 07:11:40 EDT 2009

Hi, thanks for the nice comments on the work we do.

Iam a Norwegian car nut , who had to many cars/procjets ,and by chance I did
recover some seats in Vilnius, and few (9 years) years later it grew to what
I have now.
I have read about Panteras (as most fellow Norwegians) in swedish magazines
since we was young, and Gørans name and cars was in several magazines long
time ago.
Gørnan is it true you didnt not have tacometer in your Pantera ?..I mean I
did read that
Also Jørns GT5 was in Bilsport some years ago. So iam consider my self lucky
since now iam working with cars I just read about some years ago.:)

The "GR4" car is Sigbjørn Eskeland s car, and i drove him to the airports at
0500 yesterday morning, as he was going to the international meeting. I
would like to go there to , but I had some clients comming to pick up a car
later that day.He had 2 days drive to come to me with some parts for his
car.We from west of Norway isnt afraid to long distance driving:)
I think much of the Panteras around is still rusted some how, i think you
will find rust in the rear/under the roof in almost all panteras

We charge 25 euro pr our in our workshop.its cheap compeared to scandinavian
prices. Said that, its not only low salays in balticum who make this
possibible, but here I have found people who can make things , not only
change parts.Most of the car we work on is handbuild low series and old , so
many of the panels need to be fabricated.

We buy the spotwelds drills from Wurth, and since the body was totaly
cleaned it was easy to see all the spotwelds and drill them out, but I can
assure everyone its takes some time and care.

Also the De-tomaso owners is the nicest kind of car people I ever meet, and
I would like to thank ALL who been helping me with parts, and info:)

There is a strange thing...I was asked by some Lithuanian company to try to
locate a Volga station wagon, as they was mostly produced for export, I did
send one email to Jani in Finland and asked if he could find some links to
some carsales sites in finland, Well lets say 30 min after he send me one
link of a car for sale.
My client drove promte to Finland and with a lot of help from Jani, he
bought the car, we now restore the car and it will be in Riga car museum
later.  But i think this will be the most expensive Volga in the world:)
Thanks Jani

The  Longchamp.....The car had been "restored" by  some norwegian company
before We got it here, and the former restores did "loose" the dashboard and
steering colum.Bjørn Carlson in sweden was kind enough to lend us his
dashboard from his Longchamp to make a mould of . we still need that
steering coloum......

Best regards,

Jan Einar Krakevik
Director
JAN CAR FACTORY, UAB
Sirokomles g. 38, Nemezis, LT-13262, Vilniaus raj., Lithuania
tel: +370 685 50623
+474 106 3733
e-mail: jan at jancarfactory.com
www.jancarfactory.com