[DeTomaso] GT5 wheels on ebay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 22 17:51:02 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/22/09 12 33 52, pantera at fastcat.se writes:

> Sold for $6100. I'm happy to already have a set on my car.

Yes, they sold (through Johnny Woods who was the bidder) to Geoff Peters
who owns the Pantera I'm driving through Europe at the moment.   He had to
pull his race tires off his GT5 wheels in order to fit the road tires for the
trip, which was a bit of a nuisance, so when these wheels became available,
he jumped on them.

Earlier this year he missed out on a set of wheels (no tires) which went
for almost $5K, so he raised his maximum bid and won accordingly.   Given that
these wheels also come with tires, $6100 might not be that far out of line.

FWIW when I first started getting into the Pantera scene in the late 1980s,
these wheels sold for about $1300-1500 EACH from the factory....