[DeTomaso] Clutch in 5533

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 22 00:40:19 EDT 2009

Today the McLeod pressure plate arrived.  It looks identical to what I
currently have, except for the red paint.  I didn't get photos of it
today, I'll try to post some later.

I did however get photos of the resurfaced flywheel and relined clutch
disc which I picked up yesterday.  The flywheel looks nice and clean now
with no heat checking.  I forgot to ask how much they took off and it
doesn't look like the receipt tells me either.

The disk material still has the part number on it.  This is the part
number for the material only, not the disc.  Raybestos B-1675
RAY 1142H 419.  The caliper gives me .040 more than what I turned in, so
that tells me I had around .040 of wear.  That sounds reasonable to me.

Photos for those interested, near the bottom of the page here:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2224&g2_page=2
and on the next page.

Pressure plate photos later this weekend.
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA