[DeTomaso] Tire Choices - Your Input is Welcomed

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:26:39 EDT 2009

Who did you order your tires from?   Michael Shortt

From:	"Mike Thomas" <mbefthomas at comcast.net>

Date:	Wed, 20 May 2009 16:58:42
To: 'Richard Barkley'<rlbpantera at earthlink.net>; 'Detomaso List'<DeTomaso at realbig.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Tire Choices - Your Input is Welcomed

Richard:

I went with the 315's for a number of reasons.

When I ordered them yesterday, they had both 315 and 335 available, and the
big shocker was that the 335's are only $10 more per tire!  With the Pirelli
335's, I have about 1/8" or less of clearance to my Mind Train muffles, and
wanted a little more space there.  I didn't want to take the chance that the
Khumos were just a little broader at the shoulder and contact the mufflers.
Plus, I've heard that bringing the size down will balance the handling.

All of you thinking about Goodgear, BF Goodgrinch or Dunlop, these Khumies,
245/45ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear. will be just over $1000 mounted and
balanced.  Much better than I had planned.

We'll see how they work out.   They get mounted this weekend, then I'll take
them for a "spin".

ALL:

FOR SALE: 4 Pirelli P-Zero Asymetrico (yellows).  2 245/45 17's lots of
tread left, 2 335/35 17's, getting into the wear markers on both, more near
the center and the edges.  Make me an offer.

Mike

  _____