[DeTomaso] battery recommendation

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Wed May 20 18:50:09 EDT 2009

I agree with Ralph Granchelli post on May 17: Optima's suck. My wife's
Lexus SC420 has gone through 2 of them (red tops) in less than 4 years.
It sits for a week or more at a time and before I got a tender would get
drawn down to dead once in a while. I thought they were supposed to do
better than most against that but this is not the case. The last one
lasted 1.5 years and got killed on the tender when the tender couldn't
keep up with the trunk light drain.

Zonkey has had an Odyssey PC1200 (same one) for 7 years (I won it in the
Vegas raffel). It's been run to zero a number of times and still works
fine. So I decided to bite the bullet ($$$) and put one in the Lexus.

It turns out that the Sears Platinum is an Odyssey (both made by
Enersys). I discovered this while searching for a good price on an
Odyssey. The Sears Platinum P-1 (Group size 34) is the same as the
Odyssey PC1500T (1500 peak cranking amps, 62 amp hours). It is $189. If
you want the ultimate cranking machine, the Marine Platinum PM-1 is a
PC2150S and rated at 2150 amps/ 95 ah (and weighs 75 lbs!). If that
can't start your car, nothing will! It costs $249 (but now is $10 off,
$239).

Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera <atsign> earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera
Mammoth Lakes Vacation Condo: 2BR+loft/3Bath - Horizons 4 #186 (760) 934-6758
Condo web address: http://home.earthlink.net/~rbarkley