[DeTomaso] Door alignment help

Dave McManus dave at damardirect.com
Tue May 19 23:43:01 EDT 2009

Recently I removed my doors (hinge pin re-build) and having difficulty
aligning the doors. Searching archives I found mention of an article in POCA
Sept. 2003,  In the Sept 2003 POCA news was a well written article by Jim
Kucera (no longer on this Forum) on mounting doors in a Pantera. J Deryke

I also read where it might be posted on the OC or LA site; I don't know how
to access either OC or LA.

 Jim Gray inquired back in 2005. Anyone know Jim's email?

I would appreciate any information/help.

I found this in the achieves by Mike Drew March 2005:

Otherwise, if your hinges are okay and the door is just out of whack, it's
simple enough to adjust it.  There are six bolts (three on each hinge) going

into the door.  Loosen them all, then tighten just one as you attempt to
find the
happy spot.  Be VERY careful when closing the door, as you can get the door
far enough out of whack that you'll get paint-to-paint contact followed by
profanity if you just slam it shut when it's out of alignment.

Once you get it where it needs to be, tighten down all the bolts.
Good luck!
Mike

Kirk Evans did a great job installing new hinge pins! Thanks Kirk.

Thank you for your help with alignment tips
IndyDave