[DeTomaso] Fw:  Thermoswitches

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 18 14:29:05 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/18/09 9:46:09 AM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Personally I'd shoot for a 200 on/185 off, others may disagree. I think a
> lot of thermostatic switches like those down in the 160's are way too low,
> just creating a full time on fan.

Agreed. On most cars, fans are only needed at road speeds of 25 mph and
below. FWIW, having two thermoswitches allows only one fan to run, which is
really all that's needed unless you're just swinging off the interstate into
downtown traffic. Or if you've relocated the A/C condenser up front, then
having a single fan run all the time A/C is on is desirable. Switching 2-fans@
18 amps or more apiece, this electrical load on a single thermoswitch might
be a bit too high for long thermoswitch life, too. Cheers- J Deryke