[DeTomaso] Pandora woes

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon May 18 14:05:14 EDT 2009

Well, it seems all the work the guys from Panteras Northwest and I did a couple of weekends ago in putting the new engine in my car was for naught; the engine builder has the new engine out of the car as of today.

The oil leak in the back of the engine needs to be fixed, and I'm pretty sure he's covering all the costs, but with all the foibles around getting a Pantera engine in and out I'm understandably concerned the rest of the car will be in as good a shape when I get it back as it was when I took it in for the re-work.

This also means I'm not sure if it will make the Reno trip, although the mechanic doing the work seemed to think it could be done by this Thursday.

Jack; that's why I haven't gotten back to you yet on my schedule for the POCA Fun Rally.  I'll let you know as soon as I know if Pandora will even be making the trip.

OK, so now lets all cross our fingers in unison...

Sincerely,

Chris