[DeTomaso] Starter

matt at nwpantera.com matt at nwpantera.com
Mon May 18 09:36:28 EDT 2009

Boyd,
I had a very similar problem. Cold start ok then hot restart
,wump.....wump...wuuuump...
CLEAN THE GROUND common to the forward firewall!
Just do it if you haven't already no matter how nice and shiny looking it
is. I know Jack lectured us constantly on this and I finally did with
major improvement.
I found a thin layer of corrosion between the frame and big washer,wire
brushed the crap out of it and re-assembled.Like a new starter now.
good luck,
Matt
3584
Reno or bust!