[DeTomaso] Starter

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 18 00:02:55 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/17/09 7:02:03 PM, jefude at bellsouth.net writes:

> But at this price it is time to upgrade the starter. A couple of
> questions for those who have made the switch. Does this starter require any special
> wiring, spacers or ?

No special wiring needed, but SOME gear-drive starters for Panteras are
marked as being for automatic transmissions, so a 5/8" thick machined adapter
is included with the starter- if you ask for it. Or its included with others
as an extra cost. This was absolutely necessary for my old McLeod gear drive
to bolt onto our 351C. And to complete the confusion, some gear drive
starters fit a Pantera with no spacer needed. Of course, the Pantera vendors have
all this sorted out.... Good luck all- J Deryke