[DeTomaso] Drag radial blow out today on interstate (Temp A tire)

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 21:27:05 EDT 2009

I put new PS1 on front this winter, had the near new drag radials on the rear (Nitto).  Wanted to get PS1 over the winter but they v tread is no longer made to match the front and 800 cash is a lot.  My car came with these Nitto rear tires when I got it.

So I have driven my car a lot lately never noticed any overheating of the tires.

Today on the interstate (Not even speeding) my drivers rear tires goes flat.  I checked it just before I left and it was fine.

I call AAA as I had no spare and we air it back up and even after 30 minutes is is hot enough to melt.  It now holds air but looks destroyed.  I will get new non drag tires now but if it had no hole did it overheat and melt away from rim?  The temp rating is A.  It was cool today and I have driven it way longer on hot days at speed to further places many times.

Just asking as the AAA guy said Temp A tires cant be driven on interstate but drag radial companies say they can???

Which rear tires will visually match the pattern of the PS1 types that so many Panteras seem to have?  Would prefer that so they sort of match the front.

Thanks
CW