[DeTomaso]   battery recommendation

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 17 17:09:43 EDT 2009

If your ignition   system and starter are in good shape, you can get away
with about any battery, as long as it'll spin the engine over. I use a 24-lb
Costco battery sized for an MR-2 and a 19-year-old McLeod gear drive starter
(6-1/2 lbs) to fire our 10-1/2:1 engine by the 3rd turn every time, hot or
cold. If you have anything marginal in the starter or ignition systems, or
if you use lots and lots of electrical accessories at low engine speeds where
the alternator can't quite keep up, you'll need a bigger battery with
higher capacity. FWIW- J Deryke