[DeTomaso] battery recommendation

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 17 15:07:31 EDT 2009

Chris...

I changed out my Battery last year with the same one that was in the car when I got it! The Battery was from Costco! Over Eight years old! So I replayed it with the same about $75.00. The Battery came with a three year free replacement, and a 100 month warranty  prorated. I think it has something like 900/1000 amp cranking? (can't beat the warranty)
The battery is a larger size battery but it fits fine! If you are looking to save weight this is not the battery you want. Kinda heavy! I know a lot of guys are using the gel type batteries. They are light and look cool and can be hooked up side way if you please. OH, and the are TWICE the price! If you get in a crash (lets hope not) they don't leak acid all over the place.

Costco also has smaller Batteries that I'm sure would work fine.  I am sure others will chime in. Oh, I have need had any luck with the Sears Die batteries.

Good Luck
Curt