[DeTomaso] Starter

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 08:40:38 EDT 2009

As those of you who have read I have been having a hot starting problem. .I
re wired my ignition  and tightened the screws on the ignition block at it
seems I may have eliminated the problem.....  Kind of, now when the car is
engine is at full operating temperature and I turn it off and try to
 restart the starter drags like I have a n old dead battery, When it cranks
a few turns  it finally catches and the the engine roars to life,  It sound
 s like if it didn't catch right when it did the starter would have stopped.
I have a fully charged battery and it cranks like gang busters when it is
cold. . Is this something that 1. Is a common problem @. will be remedied by
these high torque , higher speed starters. 3. What causes this?
Boyd