[DeTomaso] Squadra Volante!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 15 17:19:16 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I got this from UK De Tomaso owner Ian Nichols:

====

As you may or may not know, I am working in Turin this week. Last night,
one of those cool Police cars in the Blue and White (like that
Gallardo!) rolls into the square. They are the Squadra Volante (I think
this means Asskickers in Italian). But they are known only by the name
of the big cat that is on the car.....
When there is trouble and the cops show up, the call goes out 'watch
out, here come the Panteras!'
We have got to get our cars next to one of theirs for a photo! It's got
front cover of the Club magazine potential!

See you in Modena
Ciao
Ian

====

BTW Squadra Volante literally means 'Flying Squad' and refers to the speed
with which those fellows can be dispatched to the scene.   They
traditionally have always driven fast, powerful cars (at least by European cop car
standards).

Here's a link to a bunch of Google images of their cars, emblems etc. all
with a pretty kick-ass Pantera logo!

http://tinyurl.com/ofrfwv

Ironic, isn't it, that there is an Alfa Romeo Pantera, Lamborghini Pantera,
etc. etc. :>)