[DeTomaso] 18" Rear Wheels

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 12:20:46 EDT 2009

My narrow body wheels (PI 5 Star) are 11" width with if I recall correctly a 6" backspace on the rear. Interesting that Chris went with such a wide wheel on a narrow body as that's a lot of extra width at the inside of the wheel (1.25" out of the 1.5") . I'd like to see photo's of how close it sits to the lower a-arm or whether indeed with 18" diameter rims there is enough clearanmce for the a-arm to sit inside the rim and it becomes a non issue.

Secondly be aware 'backspacing' is not the same to all vendors, some will quote it from the mounting flange to the inside lip of the tire bead (standard method), which means there's actually about 1/4" more rim past that, whereas some vendors will include the flange to back edge of the rim.

Julian