[DeTomaso] Dead In The Water

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Wed May 13 15:03:37 EDT 2009

Curt,

	FWIW, I've had two Pertronix units go bad on me over the last 30 years; one
in my MACH1 and one in my Pantera, but my magnetic pickup driven MSD-6AL in
the Pantera has worked fine for 15 years now.  The moral of the story is,
any electronic ignition can fail.  From a cost standpoint, its hundreds of
dollars less expensive to carry a spare Pertronix than an MSD.  I'm
currently installing both a Pertronix and an MSD-6AL2 in my MACH1.  This
will give me the benefits of the capacitive discharge and multi-spark of the
MSD, with the appearance of a stock distributor, and if it fails, I can
easily reconnect it in the field to a Pertronix only system.  If I also
carry a spare Pertronix, then NOTHING CAN STOP ME (insert evil laugh
BWA-HA-HA here)!!!!

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505