[DeTomaso] Fw: Dead In The Water

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 12:51:25 EDT 2009

<<< I think Chuck and Mike may have hit the nail on the head?  I checkedthe eight screws at
the junction block,  one was loose.  Not so loose that Icould duplicate the problem by wiggling
the wire,  but I tightened it up and will give the car a good test drive tomorrow.  I'm keeping my
fingers crossed and packing my AAA card! >>>

Art,

Get in touch with SOBill for a new junction block.  The screws in the stock junction block
drive/grind through the wires shearing off many of the strands, which creates resistance
and a less than optimum connection.  Bill found a source for a replacement junction block
that actually clamps the wires when tightening the screws rather than shearing through
them.

Check out these threads:
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7890077274/m/1380093944?r=8320014944#8320014944
http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7650045562/m/4130033484?r=2040027094#2040027094

Cheers!
Garth
#4033 (still dead in the water for an engine build)