[DeTomaso] Wings

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed May 13 03:19:43 EDT 2009

I have been studying the NACA profiles, and I wanted to know
how important a little step off in shape was. The wing profile
is tightened up between two aluminium sides, so it is possible to
bend the curvature and "re shape" the wing, and tighten the screws
to keep it like that. That way I just needed a small number of basic
profiles to fill the bill.
The diffusser of the car is somewhat easier since it is just to loosen
the sides, bend the bottom alu-sheet, tighten the sides and thats it.
So I just reshape the underside until I get the very best result.
About the Brown F1 diffusser I tried this idea to, but this is very
complex as it turns out in a very delicate balance act not to become
a "lifting onself in the hair" situation. One must give those engineers
credit.
In the end, I am going to use my own profile wing on the Corvette.
I also have a new idea for Gurney flap sitting on an adjustable cord
board.
Goran