[DeTomaso] Porterfield R4S brake pads

Matt matt at nwpantera.com
Tue May 12 21:11:36 EDT 2009

Thank you everybody for your opines on the pads. I ordered the pads today from LPI racing

http://www.lpiracing.com/pc/De-Tomaso-Porterfield-Brake-Pads-c11723.htm

and talked to a guy named Steve Anderson. He happens to own a 1972 Pantera # 4019 himself (he's in the registry Chuck!). I reminded him of the need for the tab on the rears and he said he would make sure they were there. He put the R4S pads on his car many moons ago,so many he can't remember if they had them or not. He started rebuilding his motor and never completed the job so the car is not running now for various reasons.
If they are sourced from Porterfield I'm confident the tab is standard issue for the Pantera so I'm not too worried.
BTW they are getting more rears in stock in a few days (Brent got the last pair off the shelf,that rat) .

About the cold stopping issue I would bet they are still superior to the OEM rocks I have now. With the Mustang rotor swap available if they wear,they wear and will be replaced.
That is the price to pay for a 150+mph car that can also stop safely just as well.

Thanks again,
Matt
3584
Reno or bust!