[DeTomaso] Dead In The Water

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Tue May 12 15:47:00 EDT 2009

     I went out and the engine fired right up,  seat belt light on with
engine running,  the engine then died as the seat belt light went out.
Fired right back up when I went to start it again,  with seat belt light on.
With engine running again,  seat belt light on,  it died once again as the
seat belt light went out,  but before it quit turning over,  the seat belt
light came back on as the engine re-lit and kept running.  I tried wiggling
the key with the engine running but I could not duplicate the problem.  I
suppose this rules out the coil and the points,  does this point only to the
ignition switch,  or are there other possibilities?

Thanks,
Art