[DeTomaso] alternative replacement overflow and fill tanks?

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon May 11 10:30:39 EDT 2009

Dear Tom,

One other option exists with the technology of high perforamance automotive coatings. If the cooling tubes are not terminally rusty, then they could undergo coating with the same material used on headers. I have had all the coolant tubes in the engine bay coated inside & out, and given the number of in & outs with engines, I can testify that they don't rust. I have not yet done the long tubes under the car running fore & aft and those do show the rust cancer. The coatings could be a more economical way to go. FWIW.

Mr. Chemistry, Chuck Engles