[DeTomaso] headlight switch and headlight door relay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 11 04:05:31 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/10/09 18 09 8, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Can anyone suggest the best place to get a new headlight switch?
>
>>>They are Pantera-specific, so the Pantera vendors are the obvious
(only?) sources.

US market cars came with the word "LIGHTS" while Euro cars came with a
drawing of a headlamp.   Be sure to specify which kind you need, as both are
available here.

> And does
> anyone know of a replacement for the relay that operates the headlight
> doors?
>
>>>I don't know where it comes from; if you were to try to replace it you'd
be blazing a new trail.   But again, I'd be shocked if there was anything
wrong with it.

The stock headlight switches will not cope with high power draw headlights,
and sooner or later will melt and break down internally, unless relays are
incorporated into the circuit to remove the electrical load from the switch
itself.

Again, good luck!