[DeTomaso] alternative replacement overflow and fill tanks?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 11 02:36:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/10/09 9:49:58 PM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:

> Some things are worth the extra time and effort to save $$, this isn't
> one of them in my opinion and next time I would just lay out the $$ to a
> vendor and know the product is a straight bolt up.

In addition, the 1-3/8" OD tubing thats needed is not a common size at
steel supply houses, and in any case it must be bent to fit. The one passing by
the shifter shaft is particulary gnarly to duplicate, as is the one under
the alternator. If welded, a TIG must be used or you'll burn away the nickel
in the stainless and the welds will rust. Same goes for the tanks. I know the
stuff is expensive from the vendors,   but you'll only need it do it once
in your lifetime. Good luck- J Deryke