[DeTomaso]   Wheels houses

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 11 02:25:30 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/10/09 5:33:03 PM, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Anyone know about different wheel houses in the rear.  When and what?
> I'm seeing some square and some round . . . .

Ford-era inner fender panels were rounded ('71-76 or so). When Ford
abandoned the Pantera, they destroyed the stamping dies that created the compund
curved panels. DeTomaso recreated the panels that were visible but used
simpler anged inner fender panels front & rear. And recently, someone posted
photos of an early pushbutton in which partially angled inner panels were used-
apparenly made before the stamping dies were functional. FWIW- J Deryke