[DeTomaso]   Wheels houses

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun May 10 22:06:03 EDT 2009

Dear David,

                As an amateur Pantera historian, I believe the round wheelhouses went through the original run through 1974--75.   As I understand it when Ford decided to shut it down and sell it back to Alejandro, they decided to scrap the stamping forms and/or machines for the wheel houses.   As a consequence of that, De Tomaso continued to build Panteras but had to fabricate the rear wheelhouse by hand (?) or in pieces so that they were no longer rounded.   Due to the nature of their new circumstances and manufacture they became "square".   AFAIK.

                Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles