[DeTomaso] ?Car stalls with hard braking to a stop only, not curves etc

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 21:31:12 EDT 2009

Any idea why a car would want to die (but doesnt) when you hit that last minute red light with hard braking?  Would it be the carb?  It happens with a full tank or low tank so I dont think it involves the gas tank.  It only occurs with hard straight braking.  I hit the gas pedal and it revs back up and is okay but I think it will die if I dont hit the gas.

Also, I have all new braided fuel lines, 6.5 lbs constant fuel pressure, a cleaned out gas tank, two clean filters, a new mechanical pump, and one of those PIM.net Holley carbs (?4150).

FWIW I dont know jack about carbs.  I ran lean on my Dyno last year so I redid the fuel system all the way to the carb already.
Any adive on an easy way to check or start would be appreciated.

CW