[DeTomaso] Tall Guy Seat Problem

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 10 01:49:02 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/9/09 4:50:56 PM, artstephens at verizon.net writes:

> I drove the car 900 miles in two days back in March.  When I got home,
> my tailbone hurt for a couple of days and this was with two inches of
> temporary foam padding on top of my seat.

The stock seat bases have a crossmember near the back that, if your posture
isn't agreeable, irritates the tailbone. When Mike Cook redid our stock
seats, I had him bend the rear crossmember into a shallow curve so that
irritation isn't possible any more. Now, both Judy & I can drive for 8 hrs with
only a gas stop, and not need a chiropracter when we arrive. MIke's new foam in
our seats also lowered the base enough so I can sit comfortably with a
helmet on, and not rub the roof- all without dropping the floorpan. I'm 6'2" and
with a 15-second seatback rake adjustment, Judy at 5'4" is also
comfortable. This is all with stock '71-'72 3-piece seats. FWIW- J Deryke