[DeTomaso] Which size Tefba filter?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 9 23:20:53 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/9/09 13 42 18, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> I decided not to place one when I redid all the cooling system as the
> only rust that could form would be in the block itself correct?

I'd say the vast majority of the crud that is trapped in the filter
originates in the block.   The casting process leaves a lot of crud behind, which
breaks free as the years go by, and then circulates through the system,
potentially plugging up part of the radiator.

Having said that, I don't have any filters on my cars any more, due to
suffering filter failure twice on my GT350.   Yes, it worked great trapping
debris (a shocking amount of debris in fact), but when under heavy torque, it
worked its way out of the hose and jettisoned all my coolant all over my
freshly detailed engine bay, my enthusiasm for it waned quite a bit.   I figured
it had done most of the work it was going to do, and kissed it goodbye.