[DeTomaso] Which size Tefba filter?

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sat May 9 16:41:50 EDT 2009

General question about these filters:

I agree they are a good idea and when I replaced all my pipes and hose I was amazed how much rust and barnacle looking crud was adherent to the inner pipes.  However, if all the pipes are now stainless, the aluminum radiator and heater core were professionally flushed and checked, all old fluid drained, do you really need to have a filter?  I only ask as this is why I did not do it.  I decided not to place one when I redid all the cooling system as the only rust that could form would be in the block itself correct?

Had I not redone my system completely I would have added the filter.  However, if only a few pieces of crud broke away in my original water pipes it would fully occlude those small filters.  Do you just start to overheat if that would happen while driving?

CW