[DeTomaso] Electrical Gremlins

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 20:28:26 EDT 2009

I would think the lights not affecting the temp gauge is good and there was a bad ground?

On my early 71 there was one screw holding a 90 degree tab into the back of the gauge thats where the 0.25 inch push on tab went.  This particular brass screw did not hold the gauge together only the 90 degree angle metal to the back of the gauge.  Did you check the other backs on the other gauges also?
Ho doe the tab attach to the back of the temp gauge on your car?

CW