[DeTomaso] Electrical Gremlins

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Fri May 8 18:43:48 EDT 2009

     I ran a ground wire directly from the water temp gauge to a tab that is spot welded to the lower tunnel.  I cleaned the paint off the tab prior to attaching the wire to it.  The temp needle still moves back and forth from time to time.  I doesn't appear that the gauges are now affected when I turn the parking lights on,  not what I expected.  How could that be?  I guess it's possible that I still don't have a good ground,  but I would be surprised if that's the case.  There were two nuts on the back of the gauge that I tightened,  but the nuts only appeared to be keeping the gauge together,  not keeping the terminals in place.  It seems that I have three possible steps to take,  run the new ground wire to the stud,  check the connection at the sending unit,  and make up a new ground cable from the trans to the chassis.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks guys,
Art