[DeTomaso] Cleaning rust out of the console heater tubes

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Fri May 8 12:36:45 EDT 2009

> Thanks Art.  I've heard of folks trying to replace the lines in the
> console,
> but since they are covered both sides with sheet metal, not sure how I
> could
> do that without some serious cutting work - not in the plan right now. <

Oops,  my bad.  I guess I wasn't paying attention,  I thought you were
talking about the cooling tubes underneath the car.  I have heard of people
running a smaller hose inside a rusted out line and then just using the
smaller hose as your heater line.  That gives me another idea,  why not just
run the largest hose you can thru your lines and ream them out that way?
Another thought I had would be to run a small drain snake thru the lines,
you might have to butcher the snake but it might do the job?  Compressed air
might also help?

Art