[DeTomaso] Jacking the engine ...

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Fri May 8 10:30:38 EDT 2009

Gents,

I dropped my powerplant back in and, unfortunately, the passenger-side rear motor mount is not lined up properly. The mount needs to slide over 1/8" in order for the bolt to take to the threads in the block.

Since I don't have the engine hoist available, I was thinking that I should jack the block up an inch or so to release pressure from the mount. My question is, can I jack the engine from the flat section of the oil pan (nearest the bellhousing)? I would use some wood to protect the pan.

Please advise your advice, friends.

Thanks,
Erik