[DeTomaso] BBORR Video April 2009

Tom Di Iulio tomdiiulio at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:44:11 EDT 2009

well.......
what most of us need reminding of from time to time is that we are
driving/campaigning cars built almost 40 years ago, many of them still
basically stock. when you show up at an event like this, the value and
"provenance" of our cars really hits home. there are few if any cars older
than ours competing at all, let alone at the speeds we run at. add to that
the styling that still stops traffic and you've got a winner indeed.
i had originally intended to run in the 125 class and got SKEERED and
dropped down to 115 in hopes of not grenading the engine. as it turned out,
the car felt good and on my return leg i averaged over 129. passing 3 cars
was an absolute blast! so much for taking it easy!
next year, i'll stay in the 125 class and hope to average just below 140.
while i respect those that earn trophies in such a competitive race, i just
want to drive fast on the best and most challenging open road race course in
the courntry.
i will need to have a converter installed on my speedo cable to have a more
accurate reading on my speedo. when the speedo said 140, i was actually
closer to 133 according to the radar trap.
tom-denver

--
Tom Di Iulio
WIN Home Inspection