[DeTomaso] OT! Temporary tags at Silver State Classic Challenge!

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Fri May 8 02:20:41 EDT 2009

Thanks Garth, and to all others of you for very good info and inputs
on this none Detomaso subject.
I have learned a lot and understood that I had to abandon the
temporary tag thing I was trying.
I also did a big mistake by not renewing my regular registration due
to I did not know the renewal process etc good enough.

Were I come from you just go to your local DMV, show your drivers
licence, pay about $ 45.00.
Then you get your temporary tag, including insurance. Put it on the
car and drive away.
And it takes only about 5 minutes to get it...Easy or what? No mech
report, no paperwork, no questions!

I have now been thru a very long nightmare process of getting myself a
new car insurance policy.
They needed a new mech report and inspection of car and a whole bunch
of other documents.
I have been emailing and waiting for weeks with them!
Even if it was the same company I used on the car previously (AIG).
Hopefully I will have my new insurance docs tomorrow or monday on email.

Then I must re-register the car in California and get new ordinary
tags and a new registration card.
My other tags went out in mid February and are not valid any more.

So, I wonder how I can get the new tags + new registration card from
DMV as quick as POSSIBLE?
The car is stored in Las Vegas and the tags/reg card will be made by
DMV in Cali.
How quick are the DMV to produce these tags and the reg.card?
Can they do it straight away?
The point is that i need the car on the road on wednesday 13th next week!
Can I instead collect them at a Nevada DMV? Do they co-operate? This
is probably a stupid question!

Or do you think I can I get a friend in Cali to just pop up at the
counter at a local DMV now on monday, and get the tags + new reg.card?
If he brings all my new insurance paperwork with him!

Cheers,
Bjoern