[DeTomaso] Brake Pad to Rotor Match, OK to trim pads???

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed May 6 22:34:22 EDT 2009

Ken,

When I installed the vented early Mustang rotors this Winter on the rear of 2511,
I found the same issue. I talked with John Taphorn and he also had
found himself with the same problem with his conversion.? He reported
no problems after many miles of use.

I just put on my first 500 miles with this pad overlap and noticed no problems.
Neither John or I trimmed the pads. Just letting them hang beyond the radius,
and will deal with the un-worn material if it becomes an issue.

Larry