[DeTomaso] Fw: Weight of Shocks

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Wed May 6 16:57:57 EDT 2009

     I just removed the stock Ariston shocks from #2556.  I replaced them with Aldans.  The weight of the shocks are as follows:

Ariston Front 15 lbs. x 2 = 30 lbs.
Ariston Rear  17.5    x 2 = 35 lbs.  65 lbs. Total

Aldan   Front  8  lbs. x2 = 16 lbs.
Aldan   Rear  10 lbs. x2 = 20 lbs.  36 lbs.  Total

     So,  that gives us a weight savings of approximately 14 pounds off the front of the car and 15 pounds off the rear for a total weight savings of about 29 pounds.  I now have 400 pound springs on the front and 750 on the rear.

Art