[DeTomaso] Replacement for Hall Pantera Brake Master Cylinder

thells thells at earthlink.net
Wed May 6 11:14:42 EDT 2009

Last month on a Saturday I had the master cylinder almost completely fail in my 6 year old Wilkinson sourced brake booster/master cylinder unit while coming home from the Cars & Coffee show at Ford Plaza in Irvine. I called Steve and was told the MC was $270, and it wasn't available.

As Mike suggests below I took the old one to my local independent auto parts store, we looked in a catalog and found the exact Wagner unit with the same bolt pattern and bore size, for $89. I went to the distributor myself to pick it up and had it installed and bled in an hour. I've heard the Wilkinson unit is from a Chevy S-10, can't confirm that.

Dan Pedersen