[DeTomaso] Replacement for Hall Pantera Brake Master Cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 6 01:19:10 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/5/09 21 53 53, reillyms at gmail.com writes:

> The only
> numbers I see on it are "E2TA".  I have seen mention that Hall used a
> 1984 Ford Ranger unit (E2TA-2155), which looks right from the pics
> I've seen.  It has a 15/16" bore.  [snip]  As I said my
> objective is a simple replacement with the exact same unit that Hall
> used in 1992 so I can quickly get driving again with minimal work and
> expense ; )

Mike,

Nice to hear from you!   You've been a lurker I guess.   Nothing new to
you. ;>)

Sounds like you've already done your homework; I wasn't aware of the
specific application for Hall's M/C but it was always rumored to come from a Ford
truck.   Armed with the part number, I'd trot down to your local auto parts
store and buy a replacement.   Then when you remove the old one, take it
apart and measure the bore to ensure they are the same; presuming they are,
then you're in business. :>)