[DeTomaso] Replacement for Hall Pantera Brake Master Cylinder

Mike Reilly reillyms at gmail.com
Wed May 6 00:53:16 EDT 2009

Hi all.  I have a replacement brake master cylinder which I bought
from Hall Pantera in 1992.  I want to simply replace it with the same
one from a local parts store.  Does anyone know what the model number
was for these?  The one I have is aluminum and has the brake lines
routing on the fender side of the front trunk, which I like.  The only
numbers I see on it are "E2TA".  I have seen mention that Hall used a
1984 Ford Ranger unit (E2TA-2155), which looks right from the pics
I've seen.  It has a 15/16" bore.  The other unit I see mentioned is
the 1986 Ford Mustang SVO aluminum unit which is 1-1/8" bore but the
lines come out toward the center of the front trunk.  As I said my
objective is a simple replacement with the exact same unit that Hall
used in 1992 so I can quickly get driving again with minimal work and
expense ; )   The rest of my brake system is stock with rebuilt
calibers, stainless braided lines and new pads.  Thanks!  Mike (#
7366)